Practitioner Code of Conduct
All Practitioners who register themselves or their business on The Oneness Movement’s platform, myTOM, are required to agree to upholding the Code of Conduct below.
The Oneness Movement has an obligation to conduct its business in accordance with all applicable rules, regulations and laws. We are committed to helping all our Practitioners act in a way that preserves trust and respect.
This Code is meant as a guide for Practitioners to use myTOM appropriately and it must always be followed. Breaches of this Code are handled according to our violations policy as set out in our Terms and Conditions for Practitioners and will result in disciplinary action, which can include account termination.
If you have any questions regarding this Code, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org where we can provide you with additional information and address any concerns you may have.
- I will act ethically and with integrity.
- I will comply with all The Oneness Movement’s policies.
- I will respect the interests, rights and safety of all The Oneness Movement’s Customers, be they other Practitioners, individual Users, or my Clients.
- I will not abuse confidential information or participate in any other illegal practice.
- I will respect confidentiality and privacy.
- I will ensure that I hold current and relevant insurance for the service/s I provide.
- I will shall respect my Client’s physical/emotional state, and shall not abuse, harass, bully or discriminate against my clients through actions, words or silence, nor take advantage of the coaching, therapeutic or behavioural change relationship.
- I will refrain from engaging in any sexual conduct or sexual activities involving my Clients and should we wish to participate in an intimate sexual relationship, I will terminate any professional services with the Client and refer them to another practitioner.
- I will refrain from the use of any mind-altering drugs, alcohol, or intoxicants prior to or during the provision of a service.
- I will promote my services ethically and honestly and advertise only those skills for which I have received proper training or certification.
- I will provide the highest quality service to my Clients.
- I will provide Clients with informed consent/disclosure statement and information that includes scope of practice, payment structure, benefits, limitations and expectations of both the Practitioner and Client.
- I recognize that my primary obligation is always to the Client’s comfort, welfare and health, and agree to practice my profession to the best of my ability for my Client’s benefit.
- I will treat Clients in accordance with the principles of my profession and recommend treatment based upon the specific needs of the Client.
- I will not diagnose, prescribe or provide any service, which requires a license to practice unless I am specifically licensed to do so.
- I will attempt to resolve any dispute with my Clients about my service directly and where differences cannot be cleared, I will seek mediation through The Oneness Movement.
Communication and Content
- I will not seek to communicate or receive payments off-site.
- I will not discuss my Client’s information without my Client’s consent except when required by law.
- I am responsible for the content I post on myTOM and I will not post content that includes incomplete, false or inaccurate information about myself, my business and my services, or any person.
- I will not post content that infringes upon any copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- I will not post content that violates any law or regulation, that is defamatory, that is obscene or contains pornography of any kind.
- I will not post content that contains any viruses or programming routines intended to damage any system.
- I will not post content that creates liability for The Oneness Movement or harms its business operations or reputation.
- I will not obtain names from mailing lists, group emails, etc to send unsolicited emails (“Spam”).
- I will avoid exaggeration, derogatory remarks, and inappropriate references.
- I will not engage in personal attacks, negative or other unfair criticism, and any unprofessional conduct.
- I will comply with any request from The Oneness Movement to complete due diligence on my myTOM account.
- I will not falsify my own or any other identity and I will provide true and correct information.
- I will not give guarantees regarding the results of any recommendations, nor exploit a Client for financial gain through misrepresentation of any sort.
- I will not engage in fraud.
- I will not create multiple accounts.
- I will not use myTOM to illegally transfer funds.
- I will not use myTOM to generate false feedback.